The Logan Fire Company No. 1 had been organized and re-organized, all within the first four years of its initial existence, 1868 to 1872. Through the years, it had been known variously as the Logan Steam Fire Company, Logan Hose No. 1, Logan Hose Company, Bellefonte Fire Company,Logan Fire Company of Bellefonte, and what is now the Logan Fire Company No. 1.
Logan Fire Company No. 1 is a 100% volunteer fire company composed of volunteers who perform fire suppression and other related emergency services for the Bellefonte Borough and surrounding Spring, Benner, and Marion Townships.
Mission Statement: The Company's objective shall be the prevention of fires and protection of lives and property of the citizens of the Bellefonte fire protection area and mutual aid areas when called upon.
Basic steps to becoming a Logan Volunteer Firefighter/EMT:
- Make sure you're ready to commit
- Contact the Logan Fire Station
- A membership application will need to be filled out
- Background and screening process will be completed
- Inform the Logan membership what your desires are. Being a Firefighter, EMT, First Responder, Fire Police, Administrator, there are many areas where individuals can serve
Members of the Logan Fire Company No. 1 receive some form of training, either in a formal or informal setting. The level and type of basic and specialty training varies. There are training programs equal to that of paid fire departments.
Being a member of the Logan Fire Company No. 1 can be a very rewarding and valuable way to serve our Bellefonte Community. It takes dedication and hours of training to become a Firefighter/EMT.
If you are willing to put in the time and effort, the Logans are ready for you.